Thursday 4 November 2010

Dream Buggy

Having gone browsing with my Mum on Monday and having a quick look in Mothercare, we were looking at the buggies and saw this beautiful one. Of course it would be a Silvercross, the Rolls Royce of classic design. And therefore a lot more expensive than the funky Hauck that Mum sourced via the internet.

But just look at it:
 Isn’t it pretty?! I love the classic style, the charcoal colour! And it’s twice the price for less accessories as the car seat isn’t even included :(

But with sales and mum’s excellent ability to locate bargains on the internet we may have found it for a bit cheaper and under £300, and both Mum and Dad think it’s a really attractive buggy and the reviews are good, but the only con we can see is that it’s not ideal for a small boot. Well, our boot is not that small (not sure where the dog would go on journeys) but we may be going to try it out at the weekend!!!  And we could maybe just buy the extra car seat for £120!!!

I also relented and purchased a maternity coat. The fact that the buttons literally popped off my black jacket was enough to realise that I can’t just wear a normal coat anymore. And it’s cold. And I’ll be wearing it through to April so off to New Look we went where I’d seen about three to choose from.

I tried on a Dolly coat first, but with gathers above the chest (not a good look on me even before pregnancy) it really made me look terrible and gave me a 90 year old woman shape.

So there was one other style in two colours, a double breasted military swing sort of coat, and the grey one was ok by me, so that was that!
We also then had a quick look in Dunelm at the their nursery bedding ranges. I’ve said all along I don’t want the neutral sort of colours that you get in main ranges as they’re all very beige!! There’s only so many beige teddy bears I can take. I want something tasteful, but with a bit of colour. So I was quite taken with the ‘Sleepy Owl’ range. It’s gender neutral, with citrus bright colours in orange, lime and lemon but I felt it wasn’t too much. And the little owls are very cute and quite different from the beige bears which are not for me.
There was another range that I liked which was certainly more suitable for a girl called ‘Daisy and Me’ which has little fawns and is pink and blue so whether we opt for a pinker room if we find out baby is a girl I don’t know. I guess Sleepy Owl would suit either and if there were a second baby to use the nursery it would make better sense to keep it gender neutral.


And no, I’m not thinking second babies as yet because that would be crazy!!!

Lots to think about at the moment, but the first thing to do really is empty the spare room which will take forever as it’s full of my books. And I can’t get rid of them, as a lot of them are childrens’ books I loved and want to pass on to my children. My Enid Blyton collection, and beautiful hardback story books I actually bought years ago for my children – Beatrix Potter, Peter Pan and the Wombles!! Mind you, that sort of thing will go on a baby bookshelf. I’ll have to do a very harsh clear out and find new homes for the ones that I really can’t get rid of. Then the wardrobe will have to go (it’s an old one from my Grandma’s) but it’s handy for all my clothes that don’t currently fit. Then the spare bed and Steve’s second computer desk!! (He’s a bit cross thinking that he will have to move computers around but I’ve never even seen him use it once since he set it up).

Hmm, anyway, that’s a task for an empty weekend! Maybe this next Saturday I could start?! I think I maybe nesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment